Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Healthier, Wealthier, and Wiser

Okay, fish taco in one hand, glass of pinot grigio in the other, and M & Ms in easy reach. My first blog has to be about the fact that I'm not dying of any weird disease of which I'm aware. I just spent the last week researching Wilson's disease and convincing myself that I was lucky to be diagnosed before the copper toxicity reached such a high level that my liver was surely going to fail any moment. I worried about all the shellfish I've eaten in my life. Obviously, the times when I got sick eating lobster were a clear sign that Wilson's was the problem. Other food items on the list to avoid were other favorites - chocolate, mushrooms, nuts, dried fruit. Clearly, I had eaten all these seemingly benign delicacies and was going to have to pay for my sins.

Worst of all, of course, was the fact that I love my glass or three of wine in the evenings. I should have known better.

Anyway, I'm so grateful to be celebrating this holiday season with a non-diagnosis. No Wilson's. No MS. No Lupus (oh, were we screening for Lupus, too??).

So here's to 2009, better health, much more happiness, and renewed hope for the future!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to you my friend - and I raise a glass!

    ReplyDelete